Friday, July 13, 2012

As a teacher...

Things I will do as a teacher:

*ART IN THE CLASSROOM: I will post several fine art pictures and play different types of music for the students. I will have an 'art corner' where students will be encouraged to post their own artwork. Every child is an artist, and with a loss of art in schools, this disappoints me. We will sing songs, act, and create physical art pieces to reinforce learning.

*BULLY-FREE ZONE: I know that bullying happens, both with boys and girls. I will NOT tolerate bullying. Within the first week of school, we (as a class) will create a "anti-bullying" document, which will both state what we will not do with each other and how to STOP bullying if you see it happen. I will remind my students that I cannot catch or see every sign of bullying and it is their job too to prevent it.

* POSITIVE LEARNING ENVIRONMENT FOR ALL STUDENTS: Kids learn at different levels. Some kids take a while to grasp a subject while others understand it and move on. I plan on working one-on-one with every student at some time during the day. The ones who need help will get it, but also the students who are ahead will also receive one-on-one attention. The students will be grouped in shifting groups that change frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment