Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Stakes are High, the Water is Rough, but this Love is OURS.



I'm ready to graduate...I'm ready to quit my job and be able to have full control of my life.

School is getting old. It's April now...a month and a half left of classes...which for me, is now only on Wednesday. I have an internship in a first grade classroom on Tuesday and Thursday (all day) and I work 9-5 on Monday and Friday and 6:30 to 3 on Saturday and Sunday. I'm getting sick of doing assignments at work. I've never enjoyed being told what to do and it's starting to grain on me.

My internship is getting a little bit better. I'm starting to figure the kids out, how they learn and stuff like that. My teacher said she's going to start giving me control of the classroom this week so I'm looking forward to that. I still leave the school and the end of the day emotionally drained but that's getting better too.

My job is getting frustrating. I have a group of school-agers, age 5 to 13, and I try and find fun age-appropriate activities for them to do. I got a letter from one of the supervisors that the things I'm planning are too intensive. She suggested that I do flour sifting or stirring together water and food coloring for my activities. SOME OF MY KIDS ARE ALMOST 13.

Basically just decided I'm going to buy their activity things out of my own pocket from now on. I don't think that the kids have to suffer because I can't get the items I need for them. Still made me mad though...I love those kids and they are SMART. They don't deserve to have to do stuff for babies. They aren't babies.

We also had a scary event yesterday...an intruder came to the front door. By the time I got the kids safe, we had to talk about what was going on because they were freaking out. That was interesting...lol.

I'm really going to miss the kids when I leave, but I am NOT going to miss the supervisors.

Seth and I are doing the same...no news with us. He still says "no babies" though...:P Maybe someday. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment